Saturday, August 13, 2011

So my husband informs me this morning. . .

he has a busy day ahead, no time for breakfast. . .and he may not get around to lunch, which means around three-thirty-to four, the Great All- American Pig-Out commences, and will go on until further notice.

We DID the diabetic thing LAST week, with blood sticks and counting carbs and all that, and now he's tired of it.

Should I call the AMA and tell them that these days, people are only diabetic when they FEEL like being diabetic???

News to me, but hey - I'm still just a rookie.  Can you tell I'm just a wee bit perturbed?

2 comments:

  1. Sigh! how did that go? I imagine not well.
    Yes, we recognize how difficult it is
    but its only their health!

    After all the years Tom has been at it
    on Monday, he gets home from work and announces that he has to (1) go to the cleaners, (2) walk the dog (3) get some prescriptions from the pharmacy and (4) mow the lawn -- all before dinner!

    how about a snack? No -- I'm fine

    how stupid

    of course when he was done - he was NOT fine
    AND he wouldn't drink anything with sugar -- only diet soda!
    Then when I gave him food, he started picking out the meat, not eating anything that he decided was a carb!

    it took at least an hour before he came out of it!

    so irritating!

    So, Sugar, get used to it,
    you will have good days, and bad days
    but never the old days!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TW, you have SUCH a way with words - and they are SO TRUE!!! No, it didn't go well, and it continues to not go well. He is in massive denial these days, getting mad if I catch him eating something he isn't supposed to be eating, refusing to do his blood level checks (because he KNOWS the numbers won't be pretty,) etc.

    How can you possibly win when the two of you aren't even playing on the same team???

    ReplyDelete