Tuesday, August 2, 2011

May I borrow a brick wall - for smacking my head on??

DH has been doing pretty well lately - dropping a few pounds, checking his blood sugars (he seems to run on the lowish side) and paying attention to what he eats.

But every once in a while, (like tonight) he will have a planned-for snack (which is fine) and then go berserk and start stuffing his face with everything that isn't nailed down.  And he will give me this look that says,  "Don't even think about saying anything!" What can you do??? He KNOWS he isn't supposed to be eating like that and he doesn't want to hear about it.

Just a few hours ago he was strutting around proudly in a shirt that he couldn't button a couple of months ago and now it fits nicely. . .and then he goes completely off the wall and starts eating like a vacuum cleaner.  I SOOOO don't get it.

2 comments:

  1. Tom doesn't do this, but I seem to remember one of the other wives writing about her husband doing this. It sounds kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I've been on and off enough diets to know that no matter how happy you are to now be able to look good in Size Whatever pants, it doesn't mean that you have any less craving for a jumbo-piggy chocolate shake, the one topped with whipped cream and a cherry. . . Sigh

    ReplyDelete