Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hubby has lost about 25 pounds!

He was like a little kid today.  I had been out grocery shopping when he got home, and he was practically dancing with excitement to show me the scales.  We have the kind with slidey weights, like they use at the doctor's office.  It was just a hair above 250 lbs.  By this time next week, if all goes well, he should be able to slide the "big" weight down to the 200 mark, which hopefully will be a big psychological boost for him.

I thought he had started at around 262, but he confessed that he had actually been closer to 275 a couple of months ago.  So he has made a significant start.  I let him know how proud I was of his efforts and did the best I could to celebrate along with him.

I really think that there has been a shift in the way he thinks about food.  At least he is beginning to be aware of what and how he eats.  He doesn't just shove endless quantities of food into his mouth while watching TV.  I realize there will probably be setbacks, but I feel very encouraged just by the AWARENESS.  It's a start.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lilly! He actually surprised the daylights out of me today by coming to get me after he weighed himself - he was able to move that "big" weight down to the 200 mark!!! So, the small weight showed him at 249 1/2, but still - the symbolic triumph of moving the "big" weight was huge. He said, proudly, that this was the lowest his weight has been in at least 3 years. It's beginning to show in the way his clothes fit, too.

    ReplyDelete